High Impact Presentations Course
Make an incredible impression by delivering highly confident and persuasive presentations
Please read the Guideline for Group Training During COVID-19 before enrolling in the course.
Effective communication is critical in any role. Whether you are persuading colleagues, selling to a client, or energizing a team, the power of your presentation makes the difference between success and failure. This course teaches you how to properly refine your presentation for maximum influence, credibility, and impact. During the two-day program, you will review your presentation recordings on video and receive one-on-one coaching from a trainer. You and your audience will notice dramatic improvements as you progress from one presentation to another.
Please refer to the schedule below for date and registration information.
Using Dale Carnegie’s presentation coaching method, we will help you become a superbly confident speaker. You will present 7 times over two days while being videotaped, and you will receive personal coaching while watching the recordings. You will be coached by two professional trainers, who will provide you with personalized feedback and help you develop your presentation skills. (8 hours x 2 days, face-to-face)
|2 days（8 hours per day）|
• Training objectives/Overview
|Creating a positive first impression：
• Identify personal objectives for the training
• Presentation fundamentals and guidelines
• Build rapport with the audience
• Self introduction (making a positive first impression)
• Prepare & give presentation
• #1 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
• Reinforce informative messages with supportive evidence.
• Prepare & give presentation - explain your company/organization or business in a persuasive way)
• #2 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
|Presenting complex information 1：
• Keys to convey complex information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner
• How to effectively use visual references
• Follow a logical progression of ideas
• Relate to an audience at their level
|Presenting complex information 2：
• Giving a clear presentation that explains technical or professional content
• Prepare & give presentation 4 min + Q&A (Determine the level of the listener and focus on the important points
•#3 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
• Organize/share what was learned today
• Preparation assignment for the next day
|Day 2|| Introduction：
• Today’s agenda
|Communicate with greater impact：
• Develop increased flexibility through using expressions/gestures/and voice modulation
• Present written materials in a captivating manner
• Demonstrate ownership of unfamiliar material
• #4 Record each presentation and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
|Motivating others to action：
• Present in a results oriented way
• Be motivational, clear and precise
• Persuade an audience to take action.
• Motivate others to act by appealing with logic and emotion
• Prepare & give presentation
• #5 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
|Responding to pressure situations：
• Maintain professional composure under pressure
• Communicate clear, concise, positive messages
• Sell strategic ideas, self and organisation
• Communicate leadership ability to handle stressful situations
• #6 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
|Inspiring people to embrace change：
• Logically and emotionally appeal to the audience.
• Use structure to gain the confidence of the audience
• Be convincing
• Prepare & give presentation 4 min + Q&A
• #7 Record each presentation, and receive one-on-one feedback in the review room
• Review what was learned during the course
Have you been avoiding public speaking because you lack confidence? Effective presentation skills can be developed through training. With Dale Carnegie's proven method of presentation success, you will become a powerful presenter.
How it will help you
You will learn important skills to make a positive first impression, build rapport with your audience from the opening of your talk, and win over challenging crowds. You will learn how to use your voice, facial expressions and gestures to maximize your impact and better market your ideas, your company, and yourself.
Businesspeople who wish to strengthen their professional speaking ability, improve their presentation skills and become a persuasive presenter.
Session Details: Performance Change Pathway
- Step 1: Pre-Work (3 videos, 3 podcasts, 3 Thought Leadership Articles)
- Step 2: Performance Coaching For Managers Workshop (optional - 60 minutes – Managers of participants are re-skilled to drive follow-up and results)
- Step 3: Kick-off (1 hour), Pre-training survey, Accountability partner assignment
- Step 4: Participate in the Main Program (2 Sessions)
- Step 5: 28-week self-paced learning program starts (Weekly video and audio content sent for 28 weeks)
- Step 6: Deep Learning (4 hours face to face session 30 days after main program ends)
- Step 7: Graduate-only event (2 hours online session every month)
Frequently Asked Questions for High Impact Presentations
Please find our frequently asked questions and answers for this course.