Successful Public Speaking
How to best minimize the fear of public speaking and gain greater confidence as you practice presenting in front of others
When the time comes for you to speak—be it in the Boardroom, at the section meeting, in front of colleagues, to your team, to the whole company, to the labor union, to the shareholders, etc. HAVE NO FEAR!— stand tall and confident and know you can deliver!
Untrained unskilled presenters kill their organisation’s brand and they kill their own personal brand. Don’t do that—get the training! The long term damage to your career is frightening, so invest in yourself and become respected as persuasive and professional.
We all know that being persuasive is a critical business skill but you might not know that Dale Carnegie training has been teaching presentation skills since 1912. Your career is in safe hands—we are the oldest and the best— the simple truth is that we have unmatched experience in this area. By the way, we teach in over 90 countries and 30 languages around the world. So we bring this depth of experience to the training classes and you can be assured that what you learn is totally tested and validated.
Our training classroom is a living laboratory, a totally safe environment for you to experiment, to challenge yourself, to stretch yourself and to never fear any embarrassment. We all learn by making mistakes, uncovering what is working and not working—but absolutely DON’T DO THIS when the stakes are high. Instead, come to our training and learn away from the bright lights and critical comments of others. Learn in a fully supportive caring environment, where our only aim is to help you become the absolute best you can be.
The coaching you receive is the difference, the Dale Carnegie difference. We will help you to unlock your full potential. A One Day investment of your time is not a big cost to become cool, calm and collected when presenting. Get the training!
• Communicate with total credibility
• Assess your audience and know how to persuade them to action
• Organize your thoughts and materials logically and effectively
• Handle Q & A like a Pro!
• Create an opening that breaks through the audience’s mental clutter
• Create a close that leaves your main message ringing in the ears of the audience
• Develop a strong personal connection with your audience
• Be yourself when speaking, but be the “professional” you
Everyone required to speak on behalf of their organization both internally and externally.
• 6 Impact Points For Persuasive Power
• Dealing with our fears of public speaking
• Understanding the power of congruency between what we say and how we say it
• Analyzing our audience
• Determining the key purpose of our presentation
• Creating the right structure
• Designing and practicing our openings & closings
• Gaining persuasion power though using strong evidence
• Proper use of visuals
• Handling Q & A
• Lots and lots of practice